Re: A86: Change the whole TI-89 operating system?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Change the whole TI-89 operating system?

<< Is the flash rom the whole actual rom? I mean, if someone overwrites the
 ROM image with a hacked rom image, and makes a mistake, they couldnt even
 get the original rom back could they? Once you lost the OS, how could u
 upgrade it? I mean it uses the ti graph link to transfer the new rom right?
 Maybe they have a permanent rom that is an interface for transfering new
 roms.. I don't...Weird.. any ideas?

 -Matt >>

l think that there either is, or should be, a way to completely reset the
calculator, including the ROM version, so that another OS could be reinstalled
automatically.  Say for example you turn on your calculator with it's ROM
reset and then you just plug it in to your computer and it would automatically
know to install that as the ROM.  There would be something that isn't flash
that knows to reinstall the ROM when one is sent.  Like for example after you
format your hard drive, and your restart you computer with a DOS diskette in
there to reinstall your programs on the computer.
BTW, if you upgrade your ROM, would that also overwrite whatever programs you
previously had on there?