Re: A86: a couple questions that have been building up...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Sat, 20 Jun 1998 14:13:51 EDT ComAsYuAre@aol.com writes:
>1. what does "or a" do?  i fully understand the logic operation "or,"
>i just
>don't see why inclusive or-ing something with itself would accomplish
>anything.  does it set the flags?

flags! yes! it clears the carry flag, and a few others:
CZPSNH
0*P*00

>2. is there a way to display an OP anywhere on the screen, in large or
>small font?

_dispop1 = $515b  print op1 as an answer-type-thing
otherwise, _formreal = $5191 converts op1 to a string starting at op3
(load b with number of digits first)
so, this would display op1 in the large font at the cursor position:
(_curRow,_curCol)
	call  _formreal
	ld hl,_OP3
	call _puts
and if you used _vputs instead of _puts it would use the small font and
_penCol,_penRow

>3. where is the math operation _randint defined?  i've seen it
>somewhere, buy
>i can't find it...

_randint = $5544
load one limit (don't know if lower/high matters) into op1 and call
_pushop1
then load the other into op1 and call _randint.  result is in op1 (i
think)

>4. what are the other ways to use _asap_ind besides inputting a
>floating point
>number into OP1?

i know of three things, one of which answers your next question.  anyone
know of others?

_asap_ind   rom call    function
  $0c       _exec_pg3   input string
  $0d       _exec_pg3   input value
  $11       _exec_pg4   clear graph buffer (i think)

>5. can you do the BASIC command InpSt in assembly?  if so, how can you
>compare
>it to another string to identify it?

look for "strprmpt.zip" on ticalc.org.  i'm working on a different (maybe
better) way.
the _exec_pg3 call puts the sting in a temporary variable whose name is
in op1.

        ld a,$0c
        ld (_asap_ind),a
        call _exec_pg3

        rst 10h ;findsym
        ;bde->wlstring
        ld a,b
        ld h,d
        ld l,e
        call _load_ram_ahl

this makes (hl)->your string which has a leading size word.  i don't know
of any string compare routines that use a word length, but you could
convert it to a length byte and use _strcp = $4963
the only problem with my code here is that you have to get rid of the
temporary var as well.

>thanks for your help

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: