A86: Suggestions for improving the mailing list

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Suggestions for improving the mailing list

Ahh! We don't need this. I used to help contribute to these meaningless
threads until I realized how much time and space
I was wasting.. We dont need this! Many of the good programmers are no
longer on this mailing list... .maybe because there is just really no more
questions to be asked... and people just reply to meaningless stuff. I mean,
XC1701 II. No one talks about the actual smooth scrolling of the game or the
techniques used. No one cares. People care more about how many times to
press the ON key. It is pretty ridiculous. I also find myself wasting a lot
of time replying to this mailing list. I am thinking about signing off too,
and just having people E-mail me there suggestions for sections
(documenation/tutorials) that they wish me to add to my web site. In three
months, before the TI-89, my web site will be the largest TI asm site out
there.. no doubt about it. Many people ask questions for help on this list
but if there isnt a quick answer then no one replies. Maybe they dont have
the time.. I know I dont have the time to help people, because they post 100
line code with "What is wrong with this?". I guess some people are quick to
notice errors, but a little explanation would help. People are afraid to
take the time to write detailed messages.

What we need is a stricter mailing list filter system. Unless an assembly
question or technique is discussed or used, then it should not be posted.
Once I made the mistake of posting something off comment and the thread got
unusually large, and I thought "What have I done?" No. It isnt right. And
then we have a spammer that takes up an additional ten messages for the
thread he caused.

Mailing lists are great when a calculator first comes out. But once 90% of
the calc info has been discovered and well documented, I guess the mailing
list quality dies down. I dont want to make any accusations, but I guess
that over a 1/4 of the people on this list cant program asm or anything
above a "Hello World" program.. Eeek!! Oh well

Later,
    Matt