Re: A86: XC1701_2

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: XC1701_2

>Who cares, they get the idea, and I don't think the individual who asked
>this question really cares HOW it works if he even asked this 'beginner to
>the ASM world' question in the beginning.

Yes. I don't think anyone cares. Since we are talking about XC1702 II, lets
not talk about how it crashes, lets talk about implementing a fast method
for the smooth scrolling of tile based game.. or collision detection methods
used in this game, or fast grayscale methods used in this game.. This
mailing list never has any technical discussions anymore. Many of the good
programmers ignore this list because there are so much 'junk' mail. When is
the last time Jimmy Mardell or Trent Lillehaugen posted a message to this
list??

Now, I would love to have a technical discussion about this game, scrolling,
tile based, it's methods, etc. But the speed of the drainage of a capacitor
is hardly worth talking about..

Anyway, since I am working on a tile based game, you will in the future find
tutorials on my web site about tile based techniques, smooth scrolling and
page scrolling, and the like. Any tutorials about this type of programming
people want to see? Does anyone have any suggestions for fast implementation
of the techniques I mentioned above? Please do..

Often I am about to reply to a message and I think "Wait a second.. what am
I accomplishing here? Who am I helping?" so I dont send the message. Threads
get big because there are 100 two line replies. There are 90% meaningless
messages on this list... I am suprised Dan Eble isnt really annoyed about
it. But so far there is enough helpful mail to stay on the mailing list..
Lets keep it that way, please.

Later,
    Matt