Re: A86: Re: EII

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: EII

Well, Mel knew full damn well he didn't want to do a second one even
before he started designing the E2 :) Something about these expanders
make you burn out after designing just one of them. ;) School is out,
the TI-86 driver is pretty close now that I got off my ass and actually
learned a few things, and I just figured out what was wrong with my
prototype.. I left the R\E\S\E\T\ (RESET with a line above it, for those
unfamiliar with schematic notation -- just means that its active low,
like the calc link port) and W\P\ lines floating. So the mem chip
was resetting mid transfer. Not a good thing :)

As we speak the soldering iron is heating up to build the final
breadboard prototype. I'm working on a PLCC32 module for WinBoard,
a PCB autorouting program... Once that's done I'll run the board
pattern through a neat AI autorouter and have an optiminal PCB design
done by the end of the week. Then its just a matter of getting a small
PCB run together, building a real prototype, doing any last minute
firmware revisions, and releasing the puppy.

By the way Grant, why do the ATmega chips clock at 6MHz? They look
pretty cool, but the clock speed is waaaaay too low. It seems every
time Atmel makes a better chip it has to slow the clock. ** Shrug **

For those of you still e-mailing me about the E2, there is a page
which should answer your questions. I think the URL is in my sig
below.

Perhaps we should move this conversation over to TI-H. Dan?

Bryan

--
Bryan Rittmeyer
mailto:bryanr@flash.net