Re: A86: TI-86 interrupts, Part 2

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Joshua Grams wrote:
> But wait a minute, we agreed there's no NMI, so if you shut off interrupts
> and don't call any ROM routines, how does _getkey get called? That doesn't
> seem possible to me. You can't have anything running in the background
> without interrupts (unless it gets called from most ROM routines, or
> something). Disabling the interrupts wouldn't "disable" _getkey, but it
> shouldn't get called unless you call it.

As far as I understand it, doing a di turns off the interrupt that
updates
the memory location that _getkey (the ROM call) reads. I think in the
future a discussion like this one would be more understandable if we
differentiated between interrupts and the ROM call more clearly.

--
Bryan Rittmeyer
mailto:bryanr@flash.net

Follow-Ups: References: