Re: A86: TI-86 interrupts, Part 2

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 11:04 AM 7/9/98 -0600, you wrote:

>TGaArdvark@aol.com wrote:
>
>> > Just thought I'd let you guys know that executing di before
>> > the link port routines in my driver has solved the unexpected
>> > timeout problem. Either the interrupts were trashing registers
>> > or messing with the link port... Has anyone actually documented
>> > what interrupts the calculator is handling when at the home
>> > screen? I think it'd be neat to see exactly what its doing when
>> > its under normal use, just for personal knowledge.
>>
>> Told'ja so! :-)
>
> Don't be so sure: disabling the interrupts also disables _getkey
>(because the interrupt is what collects the key presses)  :-)  I guess
>only Pat knows for sure.

But wait a minute, we agreed there's no NMI, so if you shut off interrupts
and don't call any ROM routines, how does _getkey get called? That doesn't
seem possible to me. You can't have anything running in the background
without interrupts (unless it gets called from most ROM routines, or
something). Disabling the interrupts wouldn't "disable" _getkey, but it
shouldn't get called unless you call it.

--Joshua

Follow-Ups: References: