Re: A86: 86 interrupts?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: 86 interrupts?

TGaArdvark@aol.com wrote:

> > I'm going to try and break this to you easy:  there is no link port
> > interrupt.  You can disable the interrupts if you want, but you aren't
> > doing anything.  Silent linking is handled by _getkey.
> >
> > If you want me to prove it, try doing this: graph an equation that takes a
> > long time to graph (use diff mode), and then plug in your link.  The link
> > has no effect.  The interrupt is running, but _getkey is not.
>
> First of all, that's not the best proof.  Silent linking, CBL com-
> munication, and TI-Basic variable transfer are also disabled
> during graphing.

Evaluate some wacked out integral from the home screen then, it does the same
thing.  But the calc will freeze from the link no matter what mode you are in,
so long as _getkey is being called.  Of course, you won't make a successful
transfer unless you are in the home application state, though.

>  Second, you may be right about it being
> _getkey.  I truthfully have no clue what routine it is.  But if
> it is _getkey, then _getkey happens to be the linkport
> interrupt he was looking for.  I didn't say there was a
> separate linkport interrupt.  I just said there was one.

Not quite, disabling interrupts doesn't disable _getkey.  In an asm prog,
_getkey isn't called unless you call it._getkey is a call, not an interrupt.

> Thirdly, what does _getkey have to do with the link and
> why would TI have it handle the linkport?

 Why not?  It's called almost as many times per second as the interrupt.

Follow-Ups: References: