Re: A86: Input?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Input?

Sorry to be off topic more, but I feel that this is worst area of ticalc.
The message search function is next-to-worthless, IMHO.  It's impossible to
find what you are looking for without searching through each message
individually.  And it's really hard when all you know is "it was posted
sometime back in, oh, maybe september or october before I owned an 86".

Since I'm complaining, my suggestion would be to have the entire list
(maybe each month?) be available for download as a text file (zipped, of
course), possible structured like they appear on the page.  That way, you
could use your own text editor/searcher for finding what you want.  I just
never empty the trash on my email client, but that only helps for the last
few months.

And don't even try that if you are using AOL on a slow computer.  No fun.

>isn't there a search on the mailing-list archives?  check it out.

// David Phillips
// mailto:electrum@tfs.net
// ICQ: 13811951
// AIM: electrum32