Re: A86: Input?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Input?

On Fri, 03 Jul 1998 23:46:45 -0400 Stephen Hicks <shicks@mindspring.com>
writes:

>source, by pat milheron, to input a string.  I think it's called like
that's strprmpt.zip, i believe.

isn't there a search on the mailing-list archives?  check it out.

to input a string/number/variable/anything else:
	ld a,$0d
	ld (_asap_ind),a	;=$d623
	call _exec_pg3		;=$5714
input is in op1

when you're done with whatever, it might be good to clear the temp
variables, but you can usually get away without it.

ti's docs might actually help for creating variables.  to create a
string, for example, it says:
_CREATESTRNG   equ      472Fh   ; CREATE STRING OP1, HL = # BYTES

so you do this:
	ld hl,name_of_string-1
	rst 20h			;move to op1
	ld hl,length_of_string_in_bytes
	call _CREATESTRNG

and make sure you have this somewhere:
name_of_string:
	.db 5,"abcde"

that's the length of the name followed by the name itself.

>Walasavage@aol.com wrote:
>
>> know...how do I get user input, in a manner similar to the Input
command in
>> TI-Basic.  I want to have the user input both variables and strings.
Also, if

>> create variables, strings, programs, and other types of data types
(like
>> $46EB), it would be greatly appreciated.  Again, I know there are
probably a

-josh

19C736 1B6C36 1B673E DB61B6 71C736

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: