Re: A86: Finding ROM calls

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Finding ROM calls

At 12:58 AM 2/25/98 +0100, you wrote:

>At 20:57 1998-02-23 -0700, you wrote:
>>
>>How are you people finding all these rom calls.  I've tried looking at
>>the disassembled rom, but don't know where to start.  Any tips?
>
>Basically, just disassemble ROM page 13 and try to understand
>what everything does :) ROM calls similiar to each other
>are usually close together, so if you want to find something
>related to variables, check which calls are not covered
>by the _CREATExxx routines in ti86asm.inc

And of course, rom page D calls rom page 0, which calls the actual routine.
The end of rom page 0 (from $2907 on) is all calls to an absolute call
routine. On the 1.2 rom, it's call $28cb followed by absolute address - low
byte, high byte, rom page. That returns - not to rom page 0, but to rom
page D. There's a routine at $28f8 that does the same thing, only it
doesn't return. The addressses of these routines are slightly different on
the 1.3 rom.

--Joshua