Re: A86: System memory

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: System memory

At 09:41 AM 2/25/98 +0100, you wrote:

>Can I use system memory area (start address at 0C000h) to store some
>programs data (graph buffers for example) ?
>If not, what is stored in this area ?
>What is its end address ?

No, you can't use it. Since it is always at the same place, it is used for
all kinds of system variables. There might be some areas you can use, but
you'd have to find a specific area that is used for something that isn't
critical (i.e. won't hang the calc if you mess it up). There's stuff all
the way through to $D748, then the rest is asm program space, stack space,
and screen memory.

>There are floating point stack and operator stack on the RAM page 1.
>Where are stack pointers of
>them. If I'm not using floating point calculations in asm program, can I
>use all this RAM page to store my data ?

I don't know much about RAM page 1...

--Joshua