Re: A86: Rom Central - Database interactivity with rom calls

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Matt Johnson wrote:

> > As for the legality of this, I'd guess that TI would consider it to be
> just
> > as illegal as straight-out distribution. But feel free to ask them. :-)
>
> You suggestion sounds to advanced. If someone doesnt have a ti-graph link
> then it would be too troubling to enter a 1000 character hex file.
>
> But what makes what I do any different then what the rom86 program does?
> Both is used to get a TI-86 rom if you own a TI-86 calculator. Only mine
> doesnt require you to have a graph-link. So why isnt rom86 considered an
> illegal tool for Rom distribution?
>
> -Matt

Rom86 requires you to physically have a TI-86 to get a ROM image.  The way
you are doing the distrubution, someone who doesn't own a TI-86 could get a
ROM image.

--
Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
   File Archives