Re: A86: Customizable Stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Customizable Stuff

_@IBM.net wrote on Mon, 16 Feb 1998 19:54:55 -0700:

> You first must get the TI-86 emulator for Windows, from ticalc.org and get
> it working.  Next, determine a call that the subroutine you are looking for
> calls - this is your GUESS. Example: for ">frac", I knew (or at least was
> pretty sure) that it must call _FPDIV sometime.  So in the emulator I
> disassembled at the address for _FPDIV and it said call $xxxx.  I went to

Ok.  So, I'm wanting to find the routine to print the menus for me.
The routine itself is at $494B on ROM page1, but this goes on to print
text depending on certain flags.  Following this backwards along the
CUSTOM menu route I see the routine called from $4942, before which
were a number of releative jumps ($4942 from $4932).  At $4928 (Still
Rom page 1) I find myself totally stuck.  What next?

Is it possible that there is not a call from Rom page $0D towards this
address?  An alternative solution for me would be to work out at $494B
what the flags are for and to change the page myself, but then my
program might not work on 0.2 and 0.3.  As TI have been so careful to
load Rom $0D with calls to $00 just for compatibility, I feel sure
that there must be a call there somewhere.

Perhaps instead of working backwards, my best method might be to work
forwards - calling every single call/jp on $0D?  (Starting in the
most-likely area, of course).

Don't suppose that someone's found it already?
AJD AJD AJD AJD AJD AJD AJD AJD        |
Anthony J. Doggett                     |
Mailto:Doggett@zetnet.co.uk            |
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/doggett/ |
Life is what you make of it.

Follow-Ups: References: