Re: A86: Customizable Stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Customizable Stuff

You first must get the TI-86 emulator for Windows, from ticalc.org and get
it working.  Next, determine a call that the subroutine you are looking for
calls - this is your GUESS. Example: for ">frac", I knew (or at least was
pretty sure) that it must call _FPDIV sometime.  So in the emulator I
disassembled at the address for _FPDIV and it said call $xxxx.  I went to
address $xxxx and it had a template call $28CB followed by 3 bytes.  The
first two bytes are the word of the address, the third byte is the ROM page.
So I disassembled at the given address and also wrote the ROM page number
out to port number 5 (Be sure to read the help on the emulator before doing
this).  Now I had an address, and so I double-clicked to set up a break
point.  Now I started the emulator and typed ".4>frac" and the emulator
halted (if it doesn't your guess was not good).  Now I looked at the first
two bytes of the stack display, swapped them and it gave me the address of
the calling routine.  I disassembled to there and then kept going up until I
find an unconditional jr, jp, or ret instruction.  Then I write down this
address, and input from port 5 and write down the ROM page.  Now, using
search, I search for $CD,$CB,$28,$xx,$yy,$zz: xx being the low byte of the
address written, yy the high byte, and zz the ROM page.  You want the one
occurring from about $3000-$3fff (if it doesn't, your call does not exist on
page $0D).  Now I write down this number and search ROM page $0D for a call
to that address... which gave me a source address of $4B93.

Maybe I should have had an intermission in there?

===

Kirk Meyer
_@ibm.net