Re: A86: making Cal work

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: making Cal work

On Sat, Feb 07, 1998 at 12:12:00PM -0500, TurboSoft@aol.com wrote:

> l still can't get any of my programs to send or be sent from Cal .9 and .91 on
> my computer.  when sending them normally the screen is supposed to dim on the
> calculator, and it doesn't.  l have to spend 30 minutes trying to rotate the
> cable in the calculator port before it finally finds a good spot and is
> "ready" to receive programs.

I had a similar problem, and solved it by installing a different parallel
port. It seems that many relatively new computers are equiped with
on-board-parallel ports following different subtle specifications.  I took a
old parallel port from an old 486, and now everything works fine.

Hope this helps
	Ste
--
Stefano Bonora