A86: Re: User Interupt routine size

[Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: User Interupt routine size

Well, not really.  You don't have to call the program every time.  I was
actually thinking of a sort of buffer for the link port.  The interupt
could store as much data as the leftover ram in the interrupt allowed,
then call the program (using ti's built in modular asm design, preserving
any running  programs, maybe, don't know what the interupt running might
do to it) and dump it's data.  Sure it would slow things down a bit, all
interupt routines do, but it wouldn't be that bad.

>>You could probably tell it to run a program so that way you could
>have the
>>more space
>
>NOT a good idea since it's called 200 times a second... it would
>have to look up the program all the time which takes a lot of
>time. And you can't (don't have time) to copy it each time to
>the _asm_exec_ram location (which also would overwrite a program
>if an asm program is running).
>
>The only (?) way to make long interrupt handlers would be to,
>when installing the TSR, insert the string at the top of the user
>RAM (like ZShell). Somewhat tedious since you would have to
>move all other programs, and copy between RAM pages.
>If you got that to work, all you would have to do is to
>swap to the 2nd RAM page and jp $8000 - very fast. Just
>don't forget to restore the old RAM page.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]