Re: A86: Re: resignation

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: resignation

Listen, Kirk, your obviously very intelligent.  Now if it isn't your game,
it would be someone else's. I don't know anyone who would play a calc
game during a test.. or a lecture.. unless they are morons. It looks very
obvious when you hold up your calculator and are only pressing two
buttons. A dead giveaway. Plus teachers are starting to learn more
about the calcs and many of them know you can play games on it.
You stopping to program will not increase anyone's ambitious intentions in
math class. But if you are going to quit, then I would use your Z80 talent
to program the upcoming color gameboy.

What persuaded me to buy the calculator, spend so much, is because of the
games. Now math-wise it is extremely useful, but math-wise only wouldn't
persuade me to give up a standard scientific calculator.
Same with many teenagers, TI knows this or they wouldn't include
assembly language support in the first place. If dumb kids want to
play games during math class and risk getting there calculator taking
away (pretty bad if they have a test the next day).. then let them do so.
And useful time.. hehe.. if they aren't playing the games they might go
to sleep or their mind would wander. The point is, responsible students will
use their class time responsibly. If they are not responsible, from whom
which on this god given earth are you their
psychological savior?

Later,
    Matt