Re: A86: Sorry about that!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Sorry about that!

Programs are automatically compatible with shells.  The format for
descriptions is below:

 nop				; for the title line in shells (ASE)
 jp Start  			; jump to real start of program
 .dw $0000			; used by shell
 .dw ShellTitleText		; pointer to title of the program
ShellTitleText:
 .db "Metroid 86 v0.1b",0	; text in the shell title
Start:
 ; PROGRAM GOES HERE!
 ret

Dan Eble and Bill Nigel tried to come up with a file format for programs
using a special loader, but it never happened.  It's at his page.  I think
it's a shame they never succeded.  The format is neat, and it would have
had support for libraries as well.  The file below has the format for
regular TI-86 files:

http://www.ticalc.org/pub/text/calcinfo/ti86prot.txt

Scrolling is done with LDIR and LDDR.  I'm not sure if I have the t-states
correct, since I wrote these awhile back:

;================================================================
; Scroll Up:
; 	Scrolls the screen up by moving the memory
;================================================================
; Current total: 12b/21198t (not counting ret)
;
ScrollUp:
	ld hl,$fc10			; start at top of screen + 16
	ld de,$fc00			; copy starting at top of screen
	ld bc,1008			; copy all but one row (1024 - 16)
	ldir				; do the copy
	ret					; we're done (wasn't that simple?)

;================================================================
; Scroll Down:
; 	Scrolls the screen down by moving the memory
;================================================================
; Current total: 12b/21198t (not counting ret)
;
ScrollDown:
	ld hl,$ffef			; start at bottom of screen - 16
	ld de,$ffff			; copy starting at end of screen
	ld bc,1008			; copy all but one row (1024 - 16)
	lddr				; do the copy

--
David Phillips
mailto:electrum@tfs.net