Re: A86: Program variable format

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Program variable format

_FINDSYM swaps page 7 (where the VAT is stored) and returns HL as a pointer
to the var's VAT entry.  BDE is the 24-bit pointer to the var's actual
data.  The format for the VAT entry is below:

   1  Type Byte
   3  Absolute Pointer to Variable Data
   1  Appears to be Zero, possible flag byte
   1  Name Length
<= 8  Name

This info was taken from Matt Johnson's asm FAQ.  His site is located at:
http://www.dogtech.com/cybop/ti86/

His site answers most questions you might have, and if not, one of the
other site links he has will.

--
David Phillips
mailto:electrum@tfs.net