Re: A86: 'UNDEFINED' errors with ZPENGUINS game

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Trent Lillehaugen wrote:

> MTNBIKE560@aol.com wrote:
>
> > In a message dated 97-09-13 20:14:28 EDT, you write:
> >
> > << Thats because theres a cheat were you can start any level by
> > supplying
> >  the correct password value into x. So just type:
> >
> >  0->x
> >   >>
> > so to make the penguins game work properly on my calc there is no
> > choice but
> > to use the cheat?
>
>   NO, i think what he was saying is that if you have a value stored in
> for some reason, and you try to run the game, it is looking for a
> certain PW stored in x, scince it is wrong it gives an error (dunno
> why
> it doesn't just say "wrong pw" and go on but thats ok), so if you set
> x=0 then it won't look for a pw... i think
> --
> Trent Lillehaugen
> Computer Engineering Major
> California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo
> <mailto:tllilleh@polymail.calpoly.edu>
> <http://www.calpoly.edu/~tllilleh/a86/a86.html>

   its probably becuase it checks x for the pw and x isnt there.  the
reason this is is because on the 86 the variables take up 17 bytes of
data they do on all the calculators but since the 86 and 85 allows
mulitiple letter variables all the variables have to be defined by
making some sort of number or string or whatver stored in it

try this
1) look at the delete menu for a variable that u know has not been used
since u last reset ur calc
2) store that value as some number
3)look at the delete menu for that variable again if it was a number it
is listed as as a REAL variable and takes up 17 bytes if it was a STRING
it would be a number different number of bytes depending on how long the
string was