Re: A86: Please read this!!! New shell!!! I need help!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Joseph Gaffney wrote:

> Your lack of knowledge astounds me.  Do you know how eay this idea
> really
> is?  It is a very simple concept, and easily (Yes, note the word
> EASILY)
> accomplished.  Lets see, we'll take a 286 for example.  Hmm....
> written in
> bloatware, but you can still fit more than enough on a 20 meg hd......
> runs
> at 12mhz, double calc speed (non-turboed).... AND CONVENTIONAL
> MULTITASKING
> IS POSSIBLE!!  OOH!!!
>
> Now, this system can use a 1 meg GUI and do actual multitasking and
> use
> numerous tsr's.  Since the calc progs are in ASM, they are smaller and
>
> faster, and definitely more powerful.  Now, you might be able to do
> conventional multitasking, but the stop-and-start idea is more than
> feasible, it is simple.  Now, either support your reply with some sort
> of
> evidence rather than lack of knowledge about computer systems (yes, a
> calc
> IS a computer), or shut up =).

theres nothing wrong with multitasking except that it means slowing down
even if only a little the suspend idea is definetly a much better idea
and the taskbar no matter how easy or small or easy i personally dont
want to give up the screen space or mem space so have it as a mod.
about comparing the calc to a 286 12Mhz isnt possible since the amount
of instructions also plays an important role in speed but i dont know
how many a 286 has so dont get pissed at me for thinking the calc is
slower

Signed
    Patrick

Follow-Ups: References: