Re: A86:Creating new variables

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Steve86Asm@aol.com wrote:

> Is there a safe way to (a) create new variables (e.g. strings, matricies,
> vectors) or (b) resize old vectors and strings (make them bigger), safely?

On the TI-85, creating new variables is very simple because they're just
added
directly after the last variable. There is, however, a slight problem
when
creating matrix, vectors, lists etc because you have to (I think)
specify
other stuff than just the size. Hopefully TI will release information
about
this as well. Since the finanical program creates and changes variables,
there must be calls for this in the call table.

Resizing variables shouldn't cause any problems on the TI-86, since it
doesn't
matter if the whole user memory gets changed, since the ASM program is
at
a fixed location. Deleting variables should also be very easy.

So it should be safe - although we don't have the rom calls for it at
the
moment.

--
Jimmy Mårdell                "The nice thing about standards is that
mailto:mja@algonet.se         there are so many of them to choose from."