A86: BIG NEED: 86->85 TIBASIC transfer program!!!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: BIG NEED: 86->85 TIBASIC transfer program!!!!!!

There's a big problem with the TI86.. it can't send TI-BASIC programs to

the 85 even though the 85 CAN send to the 86.  Apparently, TI was afraid

to include this ability in the "SEND85" function because they thought it

would cause confusion since the 86 has a ton of new functions that the
85 doesn't have.. HOWEVER, now I can't write programs on my 86 and give
them to people with 85's even if I use functions that are common to
both.  I know you can do the upload/copy-paste ASCII/download thing
using a link cable, but I want to be able to go directly calc-to-calc
so I don't have to take both calcs to school.

Anyways, it would be really cool if someone wrote an ASM program that
transfers programs from the 86->85.  Even cooler would be something that

could transfer to the 83 and 82 as well.

That being said.. I have two other random ideas...
1.  A C/C++ compiler for the 86. (unfortunately I don't have time to
learn ASM and if I did I'd do x86 before Z80).
2.  TI-BASIC compiler

Chris Gebhardt
chrisg@nauticom.net

-- BEGIN included message

There's a big problem with the TI86.. it can't send TI-BASIC programs to
the 85 even though the 85 CAN send to the 86.  Apparently, TI was afraid
to include this ability in the "SEND85" function because they thought it
would cause confusion since the 86 has a ton of new functions that the
85 doesn't have.. HOWEVER, now I can't write programs on my 86 and give
them to people with 85's even if I use functions that are common to
both.  I know you can do the upload/copy-paste ASCII/download thing
using the GraphLink, but I want to be able to go directly calc-to-calc
so I don't have to take both calcs to school.  Furthermore, I don't HAVE
a GraphLink (homemade parallel one) and there is no program that can use
it so far? (or is there??).

Anyways, it would be really cool if someone wrote an ASM program that
transfers programs from the 86->85.  Even cooler would be something that
could transfer to the 83 and 82 as well.

That being said.. I have two other random ideas...
1.  A C/C++ compiler for the 86. (unfortunately I don't have time to
learn ASM and if I did I'd do x86 before Z80).
2.  An ASM program that runs TI-BASIC faster than the calc normally can.
(4 RAM pages slowdown thingy.)

Chris Gebhardt
chrisg@nauticom.net

-- END included message