Re: A86: 86 demo program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: 86 demo program

On Fri, 10 Oct 1997 19:57:05 -0400 (EDT) MogKupo0@aol.com writes:
>Come to think of it, I can't find the backup thingy on my Way
>Overpriced
>TI-Link, with TI's software. Something amiss?? Does TI have anything
>to say?

if you've been READING.. hehe i've posted what TI said.. well i can't say
it word per word.. but i'll summarize it again..

Ti does NOT have backup for the ti86 because a a really STUPID reason..
first, they dont' have ROM conflicts with backups.. (THEN WHY IS THERE A
SEND AND RECEIVE BACKUP OPTION ON THE CALCULATOR?!?!?!)

meaning: since different roms are going to be out (liek the ti85 has a
lot of roms), ppl have experience BACKUP PROBLEMS.. ie.. messed up and
mem cleared. custom wrong.. froze the calc.. NOTHING  that can be fixed
by pulling the batteries out :) hehe but TI.. doesnt want ppl to have
these PROBLEMS.. so they didn't put the BACKUP option in the SOFTWARE..
(why i dont' know.. i mean to make a backup on the computer.. will STAY
on the computer)

heck if they're worried of BACKUP PROBLEMS, why did they EVEN put the
BACKUP up OPTION IN THE CALCULATOR?!?! heh.. so I suggest, that we ALL
EMAIL TI.. asking for BACKUP for the ti86.. WHY?!?!

MOST OF us.. use the backup to computer.. to off course.. BACKUP the
calculator.. FOR OURSELVES!!! right?? well i do.. and OCCASIONALLY we
give it out.. but heck it's not a biggy if it crashes.. geez.. :) so
again.. EMAIL TI.. ASKING FOR BACKUP..
---
-nXt
   nxt@geocities.com     http://nxt.home.ml.org  OR: