Re: A86: Merging basic and asm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Merging basic and asm

Eli.Hunt. wrote:

> Along similar lines of merging basic and asm, I was kinda thinking the
>
> other day about wether or not it might be posible to program either a
> calc
> prog, or a pc prog that could take a basic program and compile it as
> assembler so it runs faster and takes less space on the calc. Anyone
> think
> this is even posible?

possible?, yes... worthwhile?, maybe...

All you would have to do is translate all the commands ie:
sin,cos,^2,^-1,ln,log, into their rom eqiv, usin OP's.  Then you would
have to make some For loop eq's and some If staement deals.. It wouldn't
be TOO hard, I don't think, but I don't know if the demand is really
there.  Games would not work nicely due to delays implemented, and they
wouldn't be worth it, because you can make games 100xs  better in ASM
anyway.  Also you wouldn't be able to change the programs easily
anymore.,. so i guess it'd be a personal thing..

BTW, I have a pipedream game almost done.  It's pretty cool.

--
Trent Lillehaugen
Computer Engineering Major