Re: A86: Hooking interrupt idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Hooking interrupt idea

>when they're done. This is how the mouse on your computer works. Thou-
>sands (I don't know the number) of times a second, the mouse driver is run.
>It checks to see if the mouse has moved since the last time it was called.
>If it has, the driver updates the memory locations where the mouse coor-
>dinates are stored.

Actually, the mouse _isn't_ a polled device (i.e. the mouse driver only
gets called when the mouse moves, or a button is pressed, etc.). That's the
whole point of interrupts, you don't have to check a device however many
gazillion times a second. So the interrupts on the 86 would be more like a
timer interrupt. Although that's kind of beside the point...