Re: A86: Hooking interrupt idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Hooking interrupt idea

> One more thing....  Are you saying that it jumps to 38H _every_ time ON is
> pressed, or just if it's off.  Also, do the interrupts occur 195-200 /s
even
> when running asm programs?  That would mess up the program that's running,
> wouldn't it?

Interrupts _ALWAYS_ occur when [ON] is pressed. It's hard-wired. As long
as the maskable interrupts are on, they also occur 200 times a second. This
doesn't mess up programs because, first, the interrupts take very little time
to run. Second, they return to the same place in the program that was running
when they're done. This is how the mouse on your computer works. Thou-
sands (I don't know the number) of times a second, the mouse driver is run.
It checks to see if the mouse has moved since the last time it was called.
If it has, the driver updates the memory locations where the mouse coor-
dinates are stored.