Re: A86: Long Text Routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Long Text Routine

At 03:38 PM 12/23/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Grams Family wrote:
>>
>> That's assembly. It's more powerful, but you pay for it by having to write
>> more source to do the same thing. The best thing would be if there was a
>> compiled basic or C for the calc. That way you get the best of both
>> worlds...dream on!
>>
>> --Joshua
>
>actually you dont really gain much except more compact routines for
>programs. basic and c compilers make the programs bloated and way slower
>than asm programs.

Well, you get more speed, for one. And you get access to _anything_ on the
calc, not just what basic limits you to. It's basically just the freedom in
not having to go through the usual (OS) channels to do things that I like.
And yeah, compilers do tend to make programs big, but that's not
_necessary_, a really good c compiler can be pretty close to being as good
as asm.

--Joshua

Follow-Ups: References: