Re: A86: re:willy do be do be do

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: re:willy do be do be do

>Some of you guys are looking way too deep into this Willy thing.  It's
>probably just a piece of test code that someone overlooked when the ROM
>was committed to production.  I originally posted my message about Willy
>as a joke, because I found it mildly interesting to see such a string in
>the ROM.  I should have just kept quiet.
>
>--------
>Dan Eble (mailto:eble@cis.ohio-state.edu)
>         (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~eble)

OK, I'm going to send this to the list because I want everyone to see the
most logical take on this.  I allready told Dan this btw.

Who here has seen the commercial where the penguin is singing "Do be do be
do" into like a speaker, and trying to scare people in the house, so that
he can get their beer (I think Bud Light, but I'm not sure).  Probably, the
name of the damn penguin was Willy or something, and a programmer thought
it would be funny to toss it in there, and just kinda left it in the ROM.

|         Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com         |
|           "Tiocfaidh Ár Lá" / "Our Day Will Come"          |
|  "If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Knock The Smile Off My Face"  |
|                   The Creative Outlet                      |
|       http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/           |

Follow-Ups: References: