Re: A86: FindPixel in 84 cycles and 19 bytes!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Sat, 9 Aug 1997 Dan Eble <eble@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:

>> They are normally scratch for an ASM program on the TI-86, aren't
>> they? That's what I was told,
>
>Who told you?  There's nothing in the info that TI has released that
>says that.  (Nothing I've seen, anyway.)

On ticalc.org is a file called "86ports.txt".  It contains (among other
things) the following information:

port 5 - Page change at $4000-$7FFF
port 6 - Page change at $8000-$BFFF
These two ports are very similar, the only thing to remember is this:
    port 5 memory area = $4000-$7FFF (second 16K of memory)
    port 6 memory area = $8000-$BFFF (third 16K of memory)

RAM page info - description
    $00 - The page permanently at $B000-$FFFF, this contains all of the
system
        - variables, I think, and then space for running asm programs,
then
        - the stack, then video memory
    $01 - page in use when asm program is called, I think most of it is
not            - used, so that us people making asm programs won't mess
up things ;)
    $02 - The start of user memory, starts with xStat, and all those
    $03 - More user memory
    $04 - More user memory
    $05 - More user memory