Re: A86: ASM Converter from 85->86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: ASM Converter from 85->86

>> >(a program 2 do it would still take a lot less effort)
>>
>> Not only that, but the original programmers wouldn't have to worry that
>> their code had been modified by someone before recompilation, since the
>> actual bytecodes would be changed, not the program's source code.
>
>I think we're on different channels, James.  We _were_ talking about
>modifying the source code, not the machine code.

But, Like the OShell<->Ash project, wouldn't the modification of source
code make some people get, well, upset? And, which is more available:
Source code or String files?  Bytecodes are easy enough to change.  Even
above all of that, the program to do the conversion would be smaller.

James Yopp
jyopp@pobox.com
"Time is the fire in which we burn."