A85: TI85 Link in games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: TI85 Link in games

Hi, I've started on TI85 ASM a while ago and I've made some basic games which I want to make playable over the calc to calc link - how do I do that?

Basicly (in my program) I have a mainloop where I'd like to switch two bytes between the calcs. IE, one calc sends it's two bytes and the other recieves it, then the other way around.

Some kind of "handshaking" would be good too. Maybe this way each calc could get a number so they could see who should send thier bytes first?!?

I've played around with the linkrout.h and ZTetris source code, but still I can't seem to figure it out - when I send a byte, does it "wait" untill the other calc checks the linkport? Or does the receiving calc have to be ready to recieve the byte(s) before they are sent?!?

Please, help me out on this one - anything would be good (well, except a "you can't do so" phraze :)

Zakarun
zakarun (at) post.tele.dk