Re: [A85: Re: ]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [A85: Re: ]

JayEll64@aol.com wrote: > > In a message dated 10/13/99 6:00:52 PM MDT, malcolmj1@juno.com writes: > > > this email is mainly directed towards jimmy mardell but i thought i'd > > write it here on asm85. > > > > how did you make the relocation program (the one using the '&'s in the > > source for absolute addresses) and implement it with usgard. > > > > does usgard search the program to find special bytes signifying an > > absolute call and add the program address to it? > > > > does the relocation program add a certain constant address to the > > absolute jumps? > > > > are these addresses calculated among the assembler's tasks, at run time, > > or just before run time? > > > > thanks a ton. > > > > jimi > > What I *think* happens is that Usgard, when compiling the source code into > object code (or binary code or whatever code comes between the source and > *.85s file), it creates a table at the end that lists all the addresses that > relocation needs to occur at. I don't think it has the addresses the actual > instructions are referring to, though. Then maybe it's compressed...that's > my theory...I'd actually be interested in knowing if you ever figure out the > answer ;) > > JayEll i asked jimmy about this once. i believe he said that the table is the abs. address, i.e. when you do "ld hl,(&whatever)", it does the same as "ld hl,(program_addr)\ld de,(whatever)\add hl,de" (that actually is common sense - even i know that.) anyway, i believe they're not relative. 'course there's a 50% chance i'm wrong. speaking of, anyone else out there use macs? 'cuz i know josh morris (macross) does... 'cuz i read the page. anyway, that was just a question

- Robin
President of ()rion Productions

Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com