A85: Re:

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Re:

In a message dated 10/13/99 6:00:52 PM MDT, malcolmj1@juno.com writes:

> this email is mainly directed towards jimmy mardell but i thought i'd
>  write it here on asm85.
>
>  how did you make the relocation program (the one using the '&'s in the
>  source for absolute addresses) and implement it with usgard.
>
>  does usgard search the program to find special bytes signifying an
>  absolute call and add the program address to it?
>
>  does the relocation program add a certain constant address to the
>  absolute jumps?
>
>  are these addresses calculated among the assembler's tasks, at run time,
>  or just before run time?
>
>  thanks a ton.
>
>  jimi

What I *think* happens is that Usgard, when compiling the source code into
object code (or binary code or whatever code comes between the source and
*.85s file), it creates a table at the end that lists all the addresses that
relocation needs to occur at.  I don't think it has the addresses the actual
instructions are referring to, though.  Then maybe it's compressed...that's
my theory...I'd actually be interested in knowing if you ever figure out the
answer ;)

JayEll