Re: A85: ROM Disassembly

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: ROM Disassembly

i, the owner of *the* TIrom distribution site, would be proud to host a
rom disassembly page.

besides.... i've had the site for a long time, and i've posted many
messages to various places (email, IRC, etc.) and TI hasn't done shit.

Now... i just post it.  i don't sell it, modify it, or fuck it.
downloading to YOUR hard drive is in your own discretion.

if you have roms that i don't, or have disasmed roms, send a LIST to
tiroms@hotmail.com

thanks 4 your  time.
-Greg

EMAIL: l0rdg0at@juno.com; lordgoat@somethingorother.com;
l0rdg0at@hotmail.com; milewskg@stuy.edu
ICQ: 9437474     AOL IM: l0rdg0at42
WEB: http://lordgoat.dyn.ml.org/    *or*  http://tiroms.home.ml.org

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998 15:48:45 -0700 (PDT) Humberto Yeverino
<humberto@engr.csufresno.edu> writes:

>On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Tom Decker wrote:
>> This would make a great project to put on the web
>> and slice the work up into 4Kb or 8Kb memory
>> ranges.  The trick might be not violating any
>> copyright laws in the process.
>>
>We could just post the location of the routines and not the source,
>that's
>all we really want anyway.
>Posting disassembled source to the ROM would be just as illegal as
>posting
>ROM dumps, if not more.
>
>I don't know about slicing it up though, since most routines use
>others
>it's possible that some source you need to look at is not in the slice
>you're studing.
>
>I think a bottom up approach would be best.  Find all the little
>routines
>that do things like: Swap HL and IX..  Then it would be easier to
>study
>bigger routines.  If we don't define the small routine first, they
>will
>end up being "rediscovered" every time someone tries to study bigger
>routines.
>
>> I am sure that some to TI's code would be copyrighted!
>> If TI allowed the source code to be put on the web,
>> they would lose all copyrights, I think?  It would be
>> just like GNU code on the web.  I wouldn't want to
>> be accross the table from their lawyers!  =() Oh No!
>>
>Neither would I.
>
>-Humberto Yeverino Jr.
>
>"I kick ass for the Lord."

>Home Page:
>  http://www.engr.csufresno.edu/~humberto/Home.html
>
>Ti Page:
>  http://www.engr.csufresno.edu/~humberto/tex.html
>
>z80 Source Page:
>  http://www.engr.csufresno.edu/~humberto/z80source.html
>
>Official Tyrant Home Page:
>  http://www.engr.csufresno.edu/~humberto/tyrant.html
>
>E-mail:
>  humberto@engr.csufresno.edu

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: