Re: A85: ROM Disassembly

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: ROM Disassembly

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Tom Decker wrote:
> This would make a great project to put on the web
> and slice the work up into 4Kb or 8Kb memory
> ranges.  The trick might be not violating any
> copyright laws in the process.

We could just post the location of the routines and not the source, that's
all we really want anyway.
Posting disassembled source to the ROM would be just as illegal as posting
ROM dumps, if not more.

I don't know about slicing it up though, since most routines use others
it's possible that some source you need to look at is not in the slice
you're studing.

I think a bottom up approach would be best.  Find all the little routines
that do things like: Swap HL and IX..  Then it would be easier to study
bigger routines.  If we don't define the small routine first, they will
end up being "rediscovered" every time someone tries to study bigger
routines.

> I am sure that some to TI's code would be copyrighted!
> If TI allowed the source code to be put on the web,
> they would lose all copyrights, I think?  It would be
> just like GNU code on the web.  I wouldn't want to
> be accross the table from their lawyers!  =() Oh No!

Neither would I.

-Humberto Yeverino Jr.

"I kick ass for the Lord."

Home Page: