Re: A85: new 85 hardware...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: new 85 hardware...

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Tom Decker wrote:
> God Bless You, Humberto!

I hope I get this kind of praise for my game. (chuckle)

> While you can only make the hardware go so fast,
> you can improve on the program!
>
> The PC industry is a failing example of getting this
> backwards.  If the hardware weren't getting a lot faster
> every day, MicroSoft would have collapsed years ago.
>
> Tom Decker

Yeah, Microsoft seems to ignore a good rule "size does matter."  Startup
is slow, the gui is also sluggish (AND I HAVE AN K6-2 300!)  98 boasts
speed improvements but the hardware requirements are higher so big deal,
it better run faster.  If you used the same machine 95 would still be
faster.

Enough of this... it's kind of off topic anyway.

-Humberto Yeverino Jr.

"I kick ass for the Lord."

Home Page:
  http://www.engr.csufresno.edu/~humberto/Home.html