A85: Which is better

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Which is better

For the pieces to my dungeon rooms, since I would like them to be
versatile, they are small, either 2x2, 2x3, or 3x2 pixels.  I could use
sprites but I am thinking since sprites take up 3 bytes at least (I
think), for such small sprites this might be a waste.  Should I create
sprites or should I draw the points/lines?  I'm also still wondering if
people would play team RPGs.

Would it be possible to create a sprite that is continually being changed
each time you change rooms?  Since each room is the same size square I
could do this:

CurRoom:
   .db   7, 7
   .db   %00000000
   .db   %00000000
   .db   %00000000
   .db   %00000000
   .db   %00000000
   .db   %00000000
   .db   %00000000

Then when I walk into a room, my program reads the room attributes and
modifies CurRoom so I just draw the whole room at once.  I was thinking
of adding a spell that created a "fog" (plots a checkerboard of black
pixels) on the screen to make gameplay more difficult.  This would mean
I'd have to use a sprite routine that kept white spaces transparent or
I'd need a mask which might be difficult.

egillespie@juno.com
erik_gillespie_1096@gwgate.kvcc.edu

"In a prototypical world, nothing ever goes wrong." -Scott Meyers

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]