Re: A85: Shell usage

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Shell usage

>* And there is the disadvantage I mentioned that the more advanced
>shells take up more space.

most of the shells are about the same size or smaller than zshell.

>Of course, I'm not disagreeing that it sure would be nice if there were
>a "standard" shell that everyone could write for and use. But given the
>current state of the shell...um...I want to say "market", but they're
>all free...hmm. Well, given its current state, it seems wisest to me for
>_programmers_ to aim for the lowest common denominator -- ZShell --
>because then their programs will work on whatever OS people happen to be
>running. Unless, of course, you absolutely _need_ certain routines that
>only an advanced shell provides.

i think that most people would agree that Usgard is *the* replacement
for ZShell 4.0 (sorry to Rigel :( ).  it was programmed by people who
are definitely well respected among the ti-85 community, and there are
numerous high quality Usgard only games (such as SQRXZ and Balloons).

-mike pearce