Re: A85: Shell usage

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Shell usage

The way I see it, programming for Usgard or some other "advanced" shell
is kinda like designing a web page for a specific browser, such as NS4
or IE4; you can do a lot more cool stuff, but it just annoys people who
don't have the required client to use it. I'd personally never heard of
Usgard until I got a computer link, and few of my friends have. There is
the added difference that the 85 has limited memory, and as such a small
and compact shell is more likely the way to go.

--
| \/|R|TR|LB|/\
| Michael Shulman
| mshulman@lausd.k12.ca.us
| ICQ UIN 329350
| http://lausd.k12.ca.us/~mshulman/
|
| "Does it [the pq-system]...count as a 'formalization of
| number theory', or is it more like a refrigerator?"
|     - Douglas R. Hofstadter, _Gödel,Escher,Bach_

Follow-Ups: References: