Re: A85: Link cables

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Link cables

You don't really need to splice the wire.  Just make a 4-player "box"
like gameboy did.  It looks like the following:

   +--O--+
   |     |
   O     O
   |     |
   +--O--+
Where the O's are plugs for the link cables.  Connect the four plugs
together by using wire and solder.  You can place more than 4 plugs
together if you want.

For the driver just ask the user for a defigned signature to use for
their calculator(1 to 4 for 4 players).   When sending, send the number
of the calculator you want to give the information (0 for all), and
follow it with a null-ending byte string.  When receiving, check the
link if the calculators signature was called or 0, and start receiving
the information.
                  OR
If the links' 3 pins are actually receiving, sending, and ground pins,
then do the following:
connect all the ground pins together
connect send of 1 to receive of 2
connect send of 2 to receive of 3
etc.
or if the links' pins aren't set up like this then just do it anyway by
doing this
all pin3 connected
pin1 of calc 1 to pin2 of calc 2
pin1 of calc 2 to pin2 of calc 3
etc.
For the driver just send a byte, the calculator in the series will
receive it, save it, and send it to the next calc in series.  This will
repeat until the first calculator receives what it sent, checks if it's
what it sent, and do something about it.

I'm just BSing most of this, it sounds good to me

-Rob

{{the handshaking routine in the ROM only works for 2 calculators.  if
you wrote your own transfer routines i would imagine that you could.

-mike pearce

On Sun, 3 May 1998 00:56:08 EDT, you wrote:

>can you splice a link cable to have it where you have more than 2
Plugs?