Re: A85: How about a...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: How about a...

PXGray@aol.com wrote:

> Has anyone that is jointly on the Hardware list ever thought of a tethered MP3
> player for the TI-85/86?  The calculator could handle all the file access and
> commands through a special shell, and there would have to be an MP3 decoder
> and processor inside the MP3 player unit.  This may (I have no experience, so
> correct me) cut down on costs of actually producing the device since you would
> not have to sell the calcs along with it.

On first glance that seems very redundant, since you'd require adding pretty much
everything that's already provided by a PC with MP3-decoding software.

But on a similar note, has anyone thought of a web browser on the TI-85/86?  That
would just require a TI-modem be developed (which would have many uses), and some
way of fitting stuff onto the screen (it would probably be a lot like Lynx as a
browser).  File it under "neat, but pointless," I guess. :-)

JOSH.

--
JOSH. Phillips             | "You know, at certain times we all look

Josh's Homepage: http://www3.sympatico.ca/susan.phillips1/josh/

Follow-Ups: References: