Re: A85: slow

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: slow

TGaArdvark@aol.com wrote:

> I hate to say it, but I think the 85 is becoming a dead platform.
> Just about all of the experienced programmers (myself included)
> have upgraded and are writing for the 86 or 92+ predominantly.
> In order for the 85 to gain support, more people are going to have
> to learn assembly and refrain from becoming obsessed with
> calculators and paying hundreds of dollars for a better calc.
> I don't think it's possible to be a good TI-85 programmer without
> being obsessed...

I'm not obsessed with calculators, and I think my 85 is just great...
I've jumped onto the PalmPilot bandwagon. :-)

But before that happened, I was thinking of implementing Abalone for the
85.  I'm still a newbie at ASM, but I'm at ground zero for the
PalmPilot.

My biggest problem with Abalone is in movement of marbles.  For anyone
who's familiar with the game, you'll realize that the hexagonal grid
doesn't match up cleanly with four directional buttons.  So how do you
move the marbles (especially groups moving laterally)?

JOSH.

--
JOSH. Phillips             | "You know, at certain times we all look

Josh's Homepage: http://www3.sympatico.ca/susan.phillips1/josh/