A85: Good idea. :)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: Good idea. :)

I have an idea that I've come across while talking to TGaArdvark on AOL.
Is it not feasible that the SF could act like a hard drive and (this is my
idea) the WHOLE RAM(or the vast majority of it) of the calculator could act as
the RAM for a Mini-computer.  Think about it this way:  The flashrom used in
the chip for the e2 can only be written to a whopping 100,000 times, whereas
there is no limit practically to how much it can be READ off of. :)  When
you're playing a commercialized game(mk4, descent, ff7, whatever), how often
does it write to anything but the RAM?  Practically never, unless it's saving
games, or you have a scratch disk or virtual memory set up.. .  but anyway.
SO, if we were to use the 85's RAM as a processor for loads of information
from the e2 as ROM, then who the heck says we couldn't have EPIC rpg's or
freaking INCREDIBLE graphics on a fighting game, or, well, I'm sworn to
secrecy on that. You'll see soon. :)  You all do respond.  Tell me if I'm on
the dot.

-Josh Morris
  dorkremi@aol.com