Re: A85: slow

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: slow

-> > Thanks <g>.  I think as most of the 85 users age, there will be less
-> > people who show interest in assembly for the 85.  i think that has
-> > happened a lot lately as some of the best programmers have begun
-> > college and things like that.  One thing that may help you get feed
-> > back is to "advertise" the game on the assembly 86 list since there is
-> > a shell that can run all ti-85 games.  i would imagine there is more
-> > life on that list (and people willing to test out a new game).

-> I remember back when ZShell was new, everyone was excited to
-> be learning how to program in it.  New programmers were appearing
-> almost weekly wanting to work on this newfound hack.  Now that
-> asm is nothing new and such a formal system and has become
-> a lot more than just a few hackers and a calculator, I think the
-> people who discover about asm are much less likely to want to
-> learn to program well in it.  There's a lot more to know now then
-> there was back then as well.  Also, the possible future Z80 pro-
-> grammers are all buying 83's or 86's or 92's.

The 85 isn't as popular now as it used to be.  With the advent of calcs
that have built in ASM capabilities, the 85 just pushed to the side.
However sad this may be, there isn't much we can do about it.