Re: A85: Less Mail, or Unsubscribed?)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Less Mail, or Unsubscribed?)

it's basically a short story with Zaphod exploring a ship with a storage
bay of unstable characteristics (the *too* charming ones, the ones that
get away w/ everything), and he sets them free and that's how he became
the person he is/was.

it's "the ultimate hitchhiker's guide"... leather bound with golden-edged
pages and one of those ribbon bookmarks... it has the ones that you
mentioned and the zaphod one between the fish one and the Mostly harmless
one.

-Greg

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:10:03 -0400 (EDT) Jon Olson <morph@jmss.com>
writes:

>I have not seen that book around, although i know it exists. A friend
>of
>mine owns a hardbound copy of the first four, plus that one. I've
>never
>read it, so I haven't the slightest idea what it's about. Although, i
>think it should be fairly easy to make any of those books into a game.
>
>-- Jon Olson
>
>Windows NT System Administrator
>C/C++/Perl/Lisp/VB/QB/QC/mIRC/ircII/Tcl/Tk/bash/csh Programmer
>Linux System Administrator
>Webmaster/Postmaster/Newsmaster For jmss.com
>
>On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Greg Milewski wrote:
>

>> a wonderful idea, IMNSHO.
>>
>> what about the "young zaphod" one? would that qualify?
>>
>> -Greg
>>
>>         "You know, it's at times like this when I'm trapped in a
>Vogon
>> airlock with a man from Betelgeuse and about to die of asphyxiation
>in
>> deep space that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me
>when
>> I was young!"
>>         "Why, what did she tell you?"
>>         "I don't know, I didn't listen."
>>                 -- Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the
>Galaxy"
>>
>> On Mon, 20 Apr 1998 18:38:00 -0400 (EDT) Jon Olson <morph@jmss.com>
>> writes:
>> >

>> >Nah...see my vision of the perfect RPG would be a 5 book trilogy
>(yes,
>> >know)
>> >
>> >The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
>> >The Restaurant At The End of the Universe
>> >Life, the Universe, and Everything
>> >So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish
>> >and finally
>> >Mostly Harmless
>> >
>> >You of course would be named Arthur, and spend most of yer time
>acting
>> >like a blithering idiot while clutching your towel...

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]