Re: Want more 85 RPGs? (WAS: Re: A85: Less Mail, or Unsubscribed?)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Want more 85 RPGs? (WAS: Re: A85: Less Mail, or Unsubscribed?)

I'd use it!  I love RPG's!!  I'm in the middle of playing Chrono Trigger for SNES
and I would like to make one but am not to well at programing ASM!

Adam Geitgey wrote:

> > list.  Assembly-85 doesn't have a lot of traffic.  Check out
>
> Well in the spirit of creating more traffic I thought of a little idea.
> Some of you heard that I was working on that asm RPG ff85.  Well its
> basically done now and I could release it but i thought of a cool idea.
> I know some of you guys like more designing a game and the maps and
> stuff then the hours of boring programming.  Well I thought if anyone is
> interested I'd give them the tools in a convienent package to make a
> whole new adverture for my rpg game engine.  That way some of you guys
> that don't get into the programming side but are RPG fans could still
> have (partly) your own game and we'd all get more games for the 85 to
> play.  I think someone could make new maps and enemies and stuff rather
> quickly and if a few people wanted to participate I could release my
> game with several adventures which would be great.  Of course you would
> get full credit for anything you do.
>
> Here are the details:
>
> Maps -
> 128x128 block overworld of 8x8 sprites (16 different sprites)
>  48x24  block dungeons (8 dungeons per adventure)
>
> Sprites -
> 16 - for overworld
> 16 - for dungeon
> 16 - for houses
>
> Gfx -
> 20 - monsters for fights (32x32 pixels)
>
> Theres some other things too that I don't have time to list right now.
> But all someone would have to do is use a map editor the put together
> the maps and sprites and draw the pictures required and come up with the
> story dialog.
>
> That sound interesting to anyone?

> Adam Geitgey
> Partner CSRA Web Design and Computer Consulting
> "Web Design for the Information Age"
> PGP Key upon request
> Email:  csrawebtech@qualityservice.com
> Web  :  http://csraweb.home.ml.org

    ---   /------       /\         \     |
   /   \  |            /  \        |\    |      Name: Sean Creasy
    ---   |----      /      \      |  \  |      E-Mail: n3yne@usa.net
       \  |         / CREASY \     |   \ |
        Webpage: http://members.tripod.com/~n3yne/
                 http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/3625/