Want more 85 RPGs? (WAS: Re: A85: Less Mail, or Unsubscribed?)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Want more 85 RPGs? (WAS: Re: A85: Less Mail, or Unsubscribed?)

> list.  Assembly-85 doesn't have a lot of traffic.  Check out

Well in the spirit of creating more traffic I thought of a little idea.
Some of you heard that I was working on that asm RPG ff85.  Well its
basically done now and I could release it but i thought of a cool idea.
I know some of you guys like more designing a game and the maps and
stuff then the hours of boring programming.  Well I thought if anyone is
interested I'd give them the tools in a convienent package to make a
whole new adverture for my rpg game engine.  That way some of you guys
that don't get into the programming side but are RPG fans could still
have (partly) your own game and we'd all get more games for the 85 to
play.  I think someone could make new maps and enemies and stuff rather
quickly and if a few people wanted to participate I could release my
game with several adventures which would be great.  Of course you would
get full credit for anything you do.

Here are the details:

Maps -
128x128 block overworld of 8x8 sprites (16 different sprites)
 48x24  block dungeons (8 dungeons per adventure)

Sprites -
16 - for overworld
16 - for dungeon
16 - for houses

Gfx -
20 - monsters for fights (32x32 pixels)

Theres some other things too that I don't have time to list right now.
But all someone would have to do is use a map editor the put together
the maps and sprites and draw the pictures required and come up with the
story dialog.

That sound interesting to anyone?

Adam Geitgey
Partner CSRA Web Design and Computer Consulting
"Web Design for the Information Age"
PGP Key upon request
Email:  csrawebtech@qualityservice.com
Web  :  http://csraweb.home.ml.org