Re: A85: expander idea (clock)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: expander idea (clock)

[beta9] wrote:

> i don't wanna be rude or anything...but this clock thing is gay, and if
> you really want a clock on your calculator, just tape yours on there.
> that way the calculator can power off and you can save its batteries!

  beta9 I am quite aware that watches are a perfectly good means of keeping track
of time the.  main reason a clock might be usefull to incorperate into a calculator
with an ir port is to be able to use it to turn on devices at certain times.  For
instance say you want to use your sterio as an alarm clock.  Or program your calc
to turn on and turn the tv and vcr on and tape a show for you if you have a cheap
vcr that doesn't have that option.  Even if you didn't have an ir port you could
program some pretty nice scheduler or day planer programs on your calc with a real
time clock.

Scott Rowe
snrowe@acsu.buffalo.edu